Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

This morning we slept in a bit, then after breakfast we went over to the west side of Pearl Harbor where they keep the mothballed ships. It's nicknamed the Ghost Fleet because the ships are gutted and when the trade winds whip through them, it makes a strange ghostly sound. We spent some time over there and he tried to figure out what type of ships they were. We're gonna take the pictures and try to research on the internet.






After lunch and a quick nap, the weather started to turn gloomy. So, we took a leisurely drive around the south and east sides of the island. We stopped off at a lot of scenic look outs and beaches. The waves were pretty good and we watched some surfers and body boarders riding some waves.





We spent some time looking at pictures that Grandpa bought along. They were pictures of his port calls in Japan and China once the war was over. And I spent some time showing him some of my pictures from when I was in Iraq.

We're going to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner tonight. Tomorrow morning we're heading over to the USS Arizona memorial. I have to say I'm really enjoying this routine. Sleep in till 8, nap after lunch, in bed by 9. I think I may adopt this routine for myself!!

More tomorrow...

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment